Monday, January 2, 2012

Every Scar Makes Me Who I Am

image credit
I have many, many scars. Most are not visible to the naked eye. They are rooted much deeper than the eye can perceive. But every last one is a part of me. The accumulation of each scar, of each heartbreak and trauma, has molded me into the person I am today. I am me because of each tear that’s dropped, each dream that dissipated, and every person who is no longer a part of my life. These sufferings have made me stronger and made me a better person. I will be forever changed and believe it or not, thankful, because I now know how not to treat others. Their betrayal and hurtfulness has made me a more loving and tolerant person. The scars on my heart will never fully heal but what remains is a beautifully flawed heart, stronger and braver than ever before.

No comments: