Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Intentions

image credit
I’m in love with New Year’s. It’s an opportunity to start over brand new. A clean slate. Turn over a new leaf. A year full of new possibilities. While most people write out resolutions on New Year’s, I didn’t this year. Make no mistake, my mind is full of dreams and wishes that I’d like to sow and harvest in the coming year. 

Resolution has such a negative connotation associated with it when it comes to New Year’s. Another list of ideals that will be banished within the month. Strong and steady, slowly slipping, and then crash and burn. Hmm…no thank you. 

Instead I decided to set intentions for ways I’d like to live my life better. Enhancements, if you will. Ways that I can not only enrich my life but those around me. Small adjustments. Yes, I’d like to lose 20+ pounds but instead of beating myself up over the extra weight by stating that another year, I turned that wish around. I set an intention to make healthier food choices. It sounds so much more achievable and positive. While it’s really saying about the same thing but in a more manageable and loving approach. 

It’s exciting to set these intentions, release it to the universe, and hopefully look back at the end of 2012 and see the subtle changes that have take place. 

Cheers!

1 comment:

Red Shoe Artist said...

Hear, hear... I agree and wrote a similar post myself a few days ago. A happy new year to you, and I hope 2012 brings you everything you desire