Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday: What do you wish to enjoy?

photo credit



Jamie Ridler posted this prompt for today's Wishcasting Wednesday:

What do you wish to enjoy?

I wish to enjoy every aspect of my life. Wow, that sounds like a big bite to chew! We tend to place emphasis on the things we really enjoy like spending time with family, creating art, writing, etc. while we have a tendency to just breeze through the mundane tasks like housecleaning and checking email. What if we mindfully tackled each of these tasks and found a way to enjoy them or at the very least be present while doing them? What a difference it would make in your life! If cleaning house is a chore, why not put on some funky music and dance to the beat as you scrub the sink? Why not say a silent thank you for each email you open thanking that person for thinking of you today? 

What do you wish to enjoy?

11 comments:

keishua said...

That so true and wonderfully said.
As Amanda wishes for herself, so I wish for her, too.

Maggie J said...

Have an enjoyable day...
As you wish for yourself, so too I wish for you.

Amanda said...

Dance to the rhythm. As Amanda wishes for herself, so do I.

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

As you wish for yourself, I so deeply wish for you as well.

See my wish here: http://preview.tinyurl.com/4v5abjw

Yvonne said...

Yes, this is very true. There is a german psychologist who created techiques for healing trauma. She wrote that doing thins like washing the dishes or so can make you really happy if you sink into them. It's this think called flow - and it works...

As you wish for yourself I wish for you as well!

Unknown said...

As Amanda wishes for herself, I wish for her also! Stay warm-it's supposed to get down to the mid
40's tonight here in WPB. It must alot colder up there!

Kim Switzer said...

What a great post, Amanda! Excellent points. Thank you.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

Anonymous said...

I'm your first follower! As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

http://livinglifephotographically.blogspot.com/2011/01/its-wishcasting-wednesday.html

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

As Amanda wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Yes, attention and intention makes life look different.
As Amanda wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Judy Butler said...

As Amanda wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

I totally agree...it's the mudance that takes up so much of our time, we should try to find joy in it as well.

Beautiful blog. Can't wait to visit again.