Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Keep your Face to the Sun

image credit
There are times when I wish I could turn back the hands of time. I’d like to change a few decisions that I made along the way. Alter the path I took. But there’s no point in looking back and pondering on what might have been.

The mistakes we made are the things that make us the person we are. Rewriting the past rewrites the present and the future. Our struggles and triumphs are what our character is made of and there’s no reason to ever change who you are.

As much as my achievements are to be proud of so are my failures. They made me stronger, taught me valuable lessons, and molded me into a more humble human being. Why would I ever want the change those things about myself?

That’s when I’m reminded to turn around and face forward, not backward. Reminiscing on the past is fine, just don’t live there.

Like the sun, the future is so much brighter when you’re facing it.

I see lots of sunshine in the forecast, my friend.

Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.  ~Helen Keller

image credit

1 comment:

Kim Mailhot said...

Facing forward and firmly centered right were we are now.
Wishing you glorious sunlit, Beautiful Amanda !