Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Finding My Path


I spend time working through tutorials from other creative’s as a way to learn new techniques. When I’m working on one my intention is always to make it my own. As much as I admire other artists and love their work I don’t want to try to duplicate their work. I want to learn from them and honor them but never copy them. 

I often worry that by working on the tutorials of others that I’m not honoring my own voice and making something that’s completely my own. I like to make time for both and remind myself that I’m still a student learning from my teachers. Tutorials are there to assist me in learning new techniques as I walk this journey to finding my style, my voice, my path – me. I have so much to learn and so much inspiration and many muses to guide me along the way. I wish for the day that I come into my own but I know it’s not about the destination but the journey. 

I’m a work in progress and as I’m molded into the person I am to become I will ease into my new skin and recognize myself at last. Until then I will continually unfurl my many layers, one at a time, until my true self emerges. Then I will exclaim, “I have arrived!”

Lots of love,

No comments: