Monday, September 3, 2012

What I've Been Up To...

Holiday weekends are the perfect time to work on art journal projects inspired by tutorials. I'm working in two different art journals while also working on a new canvas for my living room (similar to this one). I'm also reading Flora Bowley's Brave Intuitive Painting (finally) and soooo wish I could take one of her art workshops. She's on the opposite side of the U.S. so that may be difficult. :-( Brave Girl Art School starts this week so that'll keep me busy with fresh inspiration.

I just finished reading the House of Night series from P.C. and Kristin Cast (until #10 comes out in October). It took me about the same amount of time to read as the Sookie Stackhouse series did which was all of a week maybe a week and a half. I'm a quick reader who gets sucked into books! Charlaine Harris has one final book for the True Blood inspired series set to release in May. Speaking of True Blood, besides the show not following the books, Season 5 ended last Sunday and I'm already having withdrawals. At least I have Season 4 on DVD to watch again to keep me pacified for now. LOL.

Anyway...here are my latest art journal pages with a link to their inspiration.

Unity TV tutorial inspired this art journal page.


This art journal page was inspired by this Everyday Creative with Liz Hicks tutorial. I don't have glass beads medium so I used light modeling paste with a touch of glitter.


I used Christy Tomlinson's August Behind the Art video for this page but I made heart flowers instead of bleeding heart flowers.


Back to the grind tomorrow. Have a good week!

Hugs,




No comments: