Friday, May 27, 2011

On the web & thoughts on letting go

It's been a super busy week for me. I started two online creative classes this week, BIG a FEARLESS painting adventure with Connie at Dirty Footprints Studio and She Had Three Hearts with Christy at Scarlet Lime. I'm loving both of these classes so very much.

I'm really working on just letting go and having fun with it. As Connie has been guiding us, it's about the process not the product and this is so true! I spend waaaay too much time with the finished product in mind that the fun and love of the process gets lost. I want to paint with abandon. I want to enjoy the process. I want to deposit my heart and soul completely into each project I encounter. I want my mind and inner critic to not be so involved but to take a backseat and allow my heart and intuition to take over. 


An art journaling spread I'm working on.
Latest painting I'm working on.

Here are a few fun finds I've found this week on the web:

* Eco-friendly laundry and dish detergent DIY on Scoutie Girl. I love those jars, by the way.
* June blog planners are available on Create as Folk.
* DIY patchwork art on Going Home to Roost.
* Donna Downey announced video workshop, Pan Pastel 101 coming soon
* More art journal love from iHanna.
* Love, love, love this spring garland DIY, fabric wrapped lampshade, and these flower napkin rings from decor8.
* Shabby chic birthday party from The TomKat Studio.
* Adoring this *free* printable artful reminder from My Concrete Sky.

I'm off to enjoy my 3-day weekend with camping and loved ones. Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Enjoy your long weekend Amanda and I hope the weather is cooperative.

You've found lots of joy on the internet...and plenty of creativity to keep you busy.