Monday, October 3, 2011

From Bud to Blossom

image credit

I’m going to get a little personal today and share a piece of myself with you. This past weekend, two of my exes got married. Not to each other. LOL. How crazy is that? Part of me is sad because here I still sit while another part of me is happy for them. There’s a reason they’re exes. *giggle*

The more I think about it the more I realize that this is where I’m supposed to be right now. Creating art and working on my dreams and goals. This is where I want to focus all my attention and a (new) relationship would not allow me to do that at this point in my life. 

I’m not just sitting here. Great things are happening for me. I’m so thankful for all the blessings and cannot wait to see each new one that arrives and to watch it unfold. This is the plan for me right now. It may not be the same plan as everyone else’s but heck, I’ve never done things like everyone else does. Why start now? :-)

There is a plan for me just like there is a plan for you. I hope someday this plan involves my soul mate/partner for life, but right now, it involves me unfolding.

One leaf at a time, from bud to blossom. 

P.S. 
Usually a rose bud would come to mind but this time it was a lotus flower. Because the lotus grows in mud I thought it was perfect symbolism. Such a beauty as the lotus can survive and thrive through a life of muck, I too can blossom and bloom through the muck of my past.

2 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

I so connect with the lotus flower's strength and beauty as well, Amanda.
Glad that you have found the importance of your own unfolding above all else. And how beautiful your process is, Lovely One ! Shine on !

Robyn (RedDogGirl) said...

Thank you for sharing with us. I know I only spent about 6 hours with you but from that I know you are generous, kind, funny, smart, talented and motivated. I know it is hard - but this is YOUR time now. Create your amazing life - live your truth - spread those wings.