Hello Lovelies! I hope you've had a wonderful week. My creating has mostly been in the kitchen this week. I came across a recipe for red velvet pancakes and had to give it a chance.
I put a touch of whipped cream cheese and drizzle of (leftover) Cracker Barrel syrup on top. They weren't as fabulous as I thought they would be. They were a bit cakey which is fine for a cake but not a pancake. That could be fixed but they're a little too sweet for my pancake tastes. If you like super sweet pancakes these might be right up your breakfast alley. Okay, so mine were for dinner. :-)
We have a German-themed luncheon at work today so I made these two desserts:
This one's apple kuchen (cake) which will be served with a vanilla sauce and/or vanilla ice cream. It's kind of an apple cobbler of sorts.
This one's called black forest dream dessert which is a take on the black forest cake. It has a crust on bottom and layered with a cream cheese and cool whip layer, a cherry pie filling layer, a melted chocolate chip and vanilla pudding layer, and topped with cool whip and chocolate shavings. I can't wait to give them a taste!
This week's sweet finds:
1) Goddess Leonie's book launch of 73 Lessons Every Goddess Should Know
2) Kind Over Matter's *free* iPhone & iPad wallpaper, Build Your Wings on the Way Down
3) Eye Popping Halloween cake pops from Bakerella
4) Beautiful post, At the end of the line from Brave Girls Club
5) Caramel Apple Cupcakes from The TomKat Studio
Have a wonderful weekend!