Monday, November 26, 2012

AEDM :: Day 26

Welcome to Day 26 of Art Every Day Month!




Today's project is fabric-covered planters. These weren't as easy as it seems because it takes a little work to keep the fabric from puckering. 


I cut my fabric strips a couple inches wider and longer. It's best to have to trim fabric then to not have enough.


I applied a coat of Mod Podge to the terra cotta pot and then pressed the fabric down firmly. I found it easier to cut small slits on the top to prevent puckering. Wrap around the top and bottom of pot and cut excess fabric. Apply a couple coats of Mod Podge to seal.





Today I'm rocking my new infinity scarf (made with Amy Butler fabric) from Horsefeathers Gifts and my ruby red hair.



Can't forget the pink shoes!


And filling the well...


...with so much goodness!


Hugs,

2 comments:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

How grand to "see" you today. I love the pots. I have several painted pots I have yet to fill with plants. Because of my recent surgery and scar recovery, I bought a couple aloe vera plants that need permanent homes.

Your scarf is lovely also!

Amanda St.Clair said...

Hopefully you'll "pretty up" your pots to fill with your healing aloe plants! <3