Tuesday, November 27, 2012

AEDM :: Day 27

Welcome to Day 27 of Art Every Day Month!



Yesterday I shared a post on DIY Laundry Detergents + Cleaners and mentioned a recipe for Rosemary Mint Fabric Softener that I wanted to try. Well, I ended up making it and trying it out on a couple loads and was fairly pleased with the results. It does smell nicer than just the vinegar (which is what I have been using) but it still has a strong vinegar smell. Not a smell that's easy to cover up! :-) It does soften the laundry but so does vinegar by itself. It's not all-natural once the conditioner is added. Now if essential oils were used instead it would seem more worthwhile to make. When this batch is gone I'll experiment with an essential oil recipe.


Gently mix ingredients together and pour into container.

Overall, it's less perfumey than the store offered variety, leaves laundry fresh, and better smelling than vinegar used alone.

Hugs,

2 comments:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Oh, I would love to try this using essential oils. What a smart idea!

As always, I enjoy visiting you every time!

Amanda St.Clair said...

Thank you, Julie! You'll have to let me know how it goes if you make a batch!