Sunday, January 27, 2013

Vintage-Inspired Art Journal Pages

I guess I was feeling a bit nostalgic this weekend and worked on a few vintage-inspired art journal pages. The roses are pictures I took last year from my garden. I transferred the images onto fabric and then dyed the fabric in coffee to age it.

On this page I hand-stitched the word "rose" onto the fabric before Mod Podging onto the spread.




I used vintage wallpaper and book pages for the background of this page and added a few hand-stitching to attach the rose image to the "delight" tag. I added some tea-stained lace and ribbon to the edge.





Vintage book pages were Mod Podged to this page then coated in watered down gesso and walnut ink.




I used vintage dress pattern paper as the background for this page. I added some walnut ink and some Perfect Pearls Mist to age the paper even more.



I used Distress Ink and stamps on book pages for this background. I added an (almost) square of gesso for the quote. The flowers came from a vintage birthday card.




The background for this page is torn pieces of book pages and sewing pattern paper layered with coats of watered down Mod Podge.




I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,

1 comment:

Living in the Moment said...

I love VINTAGE anything - Love these pages you created - Do you have a garden? I have a small flower garden I enjoy each year ... Love watching Spring come to life!
~Kristine