Thursday, April 18, 2013

Travel Adventures :: Day 1

Day 2, Day 3, 4, & 5, Day 6, and Day 7.

Hello, Lovelies! I got back from vacation a couple days ago and have many pictures to share. I'll make this easier by breaking the days up in separate posts.

I flew into Seattle, WA on Tuesday last week. I hit up a few tourist attractions like the Seattle Space Needle and Chihuly Garden & Glass.

The space needle has an elevator that goes up to the observation deck which is 520 feet up (the very top, the beacon, is 605 feet) with a 360 degree view the city not to mention Puget Sound and Mt Rainier. Here are a couple pictures from the observation deck:




Chihuly Garden & Glass showcases gorgeous glass exhibits from the artist Dale Chihuly.








My favorite was the Persian Ceiling:



The Chihuly gallery is next door to the space needle and contains an eclectic eatery called Collections Cafe. I tried the honey-cucumber fresh lemonade and the flatbread with fava beans, fingerling potatoes, fontina cheese and truffle oil. Yum!

After driving around for a while I checked into my hotel and checked out the nearby shops on foot. I'll be back tomorrow to share Day 2!

Hugs,



No comments: