Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekend (and week) Recap

One of my wishes this past Wednesday was to turn over a new leaf and embrace the changes taking place in my life. One of those changes was of the physical type that really changed my outlook. I decided it was time for my hair to go and to rock a new hue. 


It seems like such a simple act yet it feels so good to let go of my attachment to hair. Especially since I've been told most of my life that men love long hair, long hair is sexy, etc. I've never had hair this short or this blonde (iphone photo above kinda sux) and I feel so transformed. I'm so glad I did it!

Wednesday night I took part in Tranquility Du Jour's Tranquilology Teleclass with Kimberly Wilson. Kimberly is such a sweetie and so full of tips to add a bit of tranquility to your lifestyle.


I worked on a few new girls this weekend.

Vintage Sweetie & Fly away with me.
Hello Lovely & Flower Child
And I began on a special project for a dear friends daughter. And let me tell you, thank goodness for the internet because I needed a reference point for this monkey.


I also worked on lampshades for my bedroom. If you remember a few months back I talked about getting new bedding and adding some custom artwork to my bedroom. I've added a few more touches since but my lampshades weren't working so I did this today:



I wanted a shabby chic, handmade look and had originally planned to add flower cabachons but then came across this rosebud trim from Donna Downey's shop and thought it was perfect.

I'm off to finish reading, The Not So Big Life from Sarah Susanka (review coming soon) and indulge in some season premiere of True Blood while hiding out in my bedroom since it's not so very kid-friendly. Have a good rest of the weekend!

Hugs,


No comments: