Saturday was the last day of The Creative Connection. It began with a VIP Breakfast Panel of women entrepreneurs. Breakfast was sponsored by McDonalds and consisted of fruit & walnut yogurt and oatmeal. There were cute table decorations of rolled oatmeal and coffee beans in glass containers.
Our roundtable panelists were Karen Walrond, Melody Ross, Janine Vangool, Kelly Rae Roberts, Leigh Standley, and Susan Branch.
|Nancy Soriano, Karen, Melody, Janine, Kelly Rae, Leigh, and Susan|
- Settling into your own voice (Leigh)
- You're not everyone's cup of tea (Melody)
- Believe in your heart that you are someone special (Susan)
- There's beauty in different (Karen)
- Explore your options. There are many ways to do something. (Leigh)
- Sometimes opportunities present themselves in the form of challenges (Leigh)
- No matter where we are we're always pushing against our personal edge (Kelly Rae)
- To have a creative business you can't just be creative. You wear many hats. (Janine)
- Karen shared a great quote from Brene Brown, "Don't try to win over the haters, you're not the jackass whisperer." LOL.
Classes resumed after breakfast with my next one, Making a Living as an Artist with Traci Bautista.
Traci provided much content and information and answered all our questions. Isn't she a doll?!
My afternoon class was with Melody Ross, I Have An Idea vintage canvas. Melody is just as sweet and adorable in person as she is in the Brave Girls Club videos! Here's a picture of the example canvas and the Melody's soulbook from Friday's class.
Our class working on our canvases.
The conference wound down with a cupcake farewell.
Afterwards I went to dinner at Pazzaluna to reflect on the conference. The spaghetti carbonara was to die for!
I have to tell you, if you're able to make it to The Creative Connection next year, it will be the best investment in time and money you can make. I met the most lovely and supportive women and received so much applicable business and personal wisdom. Even if you don't have a business the class selection was amazing. I would have loved one more day to enjoy more of the class offerings.
I hope you've enjoyed hearing about my incredible experience at TCC!