Saturday, February 25, 2012

On letting go

image credit
I don’t know about you but I have a hard time with letting go. I don’t like to say goodbye. Goodbye is the end, a finale. What I fail to realize is that people and things or even feelings are not mine. They are not property and I don’t own them. They are not mine to keep. Sometimes you have to let them go in order to move on to something better.

image credit
As painful as it is, letting go is the humane thing to do. It can no longer hurt you or cause you further pain. It has been released from your grips. You are free! What could be better than to be detached from something or someone that wounds your tender heart? If it’s a person you’re holding on to, it’s even more so the compassionate thing to do to set them free. End the cycle here. You both deserve to be showered in happiness not bathed in bitterness. 

image credit
I know it’s tough. Believe me, I understand. Let’s end this chapter of our lives and start over fresh. Don’t worry; your story has only begun.


Hugs,

1 comment:

Amy said...

I oh so needed to hear this today. Thank you.