Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine's Day Gifts

I love Valentine's Day! Not because I'm in a relationship and not the Hallmark valentine's. I love the thought behind the day - spreading love to others, working on crafts, and well...anything with hearts on it!

Here are a few sweet little Valentine's gifts I made for my son using creative ideas I found around the web.


The first is this 2-ingredient strawberry fudge from Cookies & Cups. I also made a second batch of caramel fudge substituting caramel frosting for the strawberry. I picked up the take-out boxes from Walmart and printed the tags from Mommy by Day Crafter by Night.





The crayon heart valentine's are from WhipperBerry. I added a little glitter and broken crayons into a heart shaped ice cube silicon tray picked up from the dollar store. They were melted in the oven at 300 degrees for about 12 minutes and then cooled for 15 minutes. You have to check out Whipperberry's gorgeous packaging for her heart crayons.



The next gift is a stitched heart bookmark from Thirty Handmade Days. I'm not one to sew but I figured I could pull off a few stitches.


"You Rock" guitar card from Art by Angeli printed on cardstock.


This gift is a few bouncy balls I picked up at the dollar store and printed the tag from Mommy by Day Crafter by Night on cardstock.


I just love this pillow box alligator from Skip to my Lou. Inside his mouth it says, "I'd snap at the chance to be your valentine." How cute is that? I printed it on green scrapbook paper and went to work on all the folds.


The last gift are these love bug valentine's from Dandee. I used stretchy bugs from Walmart and printed the tags on blue scrapbook paper. I used rubber cement to adhere the paper to cardstock to give it a little more support before cutting out.


I hope he likes his gifts and I hope they give you some great ideas!

Lots of hearts,

3 comments:

Red Shoe Artist said...

They're all so cute. Awesome job

BahamaDawn said...

so adorable!!! your son is very lucky!

valentine's day gift for her said...

The idea of linking Valentine's Day with love in Middle Ages was strengthened by the notion that birds began to look for mate during this time.