Wednesday, October 24, 2012

DIY: Shabby Chic Knotted Fabric Valance


I've been dreaming of making a shabby chic style scrap fabric curtain (valance) every since I first stumbled upon this image on Pinterest. It was super easy to make and all it cost me was a curtain rod from the dollar store (and some berry colored faux fur yarn from Hobby Lobby)!


I already had various colors and styles of fabric purchased in the past from Hobby Lobby and Joann's Fabric. There's a mix of fabric with words, prints, solids, and burlap. I cut the fabric into strips approximately 1" wide. I didn't measure, just cut. I didn't even cut straight lines. The shabbier the better!


Some of the fabric was from fat quarters so they weren't as long. Those strips were knotted together. 


After all my strips were cut, I tied them around the curtain rod.


Once all my fabric strips were tied, in no particular order, I added a few strands of the yarn to add a bit more texture.


Finally, I installed my curtain rod and stood back to admire the shabby loveliness!


Hugs,



P.S.
November is fast approaching so don't forget to sign up for Art Every Day Month starting November 1st over at Creative Every Day! I had a blast last year (here are my AEDM posts from 2011).

No comments: