Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tender Heart



I shared with you recently that I’m working through Spirits of Joy from Hannah Marcotti. One of the daily joy prompts was, “I am.” in which we finish the sentence. She encouraged us to look through magazines, listen to music, or whatever until our I am appeared.

“Express who you see in your visions of you, who you know in your spirit you are.”

I thought about it all day, looked through magazines and catalogs, and I thought and thought and then thought some more yet my I am continued to allude me. Later that evening I was having a mental conversation with myself about something unrelated – please tell me I’m not the only one who does this! – and at some point I internally responded (to myself), “I can’t help it, I have a tender heart.” And then BAM! It hit me, I am a tender heart. That’s my I am!

I’ve shared with you here before about how I’m sensitive but after much hating on myself I realized that sensitive isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It means that I’m more observant and understanding to the feelings of those around me.

sen·si·tive/ˈsensitiv/

Adjective:  Quick to detect or respond to slight changes, signals, or influences.
Synonyms:  responsive - aware - receptive - tender - perceptive - insightful

ten·der/ˈtendər/

Adjective:  Showing gentleness and concern or sympathy.
Synonyms:  soft - delicate - gentle - mild - affectionate - loving - caring - kind - kindhearted - warm - sympathetic

I am a tender heart. <3

With much love,

2 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

You are indeed a tender and beautiful heart!

A while back, my sister, who has been known to be shall we say less sensitive and tender hearted than we, made a remark to me that I carry with me always. When I was describing some compassionate act I had made she said "you are just one big heart walking around, aren't you?". My sister called me a big heart walking. I have lovingly kept this title and will for all my life, I think.
From one tender heart to another, lets remember how much the world needs us walking around.
Love & light!

Amanda St.Clair said...

I love it, Kim! It is so true that the world needs more tender hearts walking around making the world a better place. :-)