Thursday, May 16, 2013

Poetry Inspiration

Since Feast Retreat, poetry has become a touchstone in my life. I've been writing poetry since I was a preteen but I let it go at some point in my adult life. It brought up too many unhappy moments that I no longer wished to dwell on. Now I'm learning how to live in the moment and write about the little things that make me happy. I'm no David Whyte but I thoroughly enjoy exploring my softer side.


When I returned from my trip, I dived head first into the book poemcrazy by Susan Goldsmith Wooldridge. I was also inspired by Liz Lamoreux, one of the Feast guides, to create word tickets. These are "Admit One" tickets or tags pasted with printed or cut out words of inspiration (page 17 in poemcrazy). Gather the tickets and weave the words into a melodious mix. Here are my word tickets:


One of the prompts Susan uses often is, "I am." This inspired me to create a continuous "I am" poem in a journal using words swiped from various magazines.


Here are a few pages from this journal:






This was quite a find and powerful enough to have it's own page:


This journal called "Poem Catcher" houses my newly written poems:


If you haven't read poemcrazy I highly recommend it!

Hugs,


No comments: