Monday, May 13, 2013

The Journey

This is a passage from Blessings: Prayers and Declarations for a Heartful Life by Julia Cameron:

WE ARE PRECIOUS JEWELS IN THE CROWN OF SPIRIT


Each of us is unique, valuable, worthy, and irreplaceable. Each of us is kind, wise, knowing, and gifted. Each of us is filled with dignity, gifted with humor, funded with strength. We are met as equals. We bear gifts for each other. Our hearts are true friends, true colleagues. We have a place with each other. We have a need for each other. All of us seek the same answers, although we find them by different routes. All of us hold the same questions although we express them in different ways. Our loving hearts hold the solutions all of us seek. This is a great blessing and indisputable fact. In loving each other, we love the world. In loving each other, we find the world. The world we find is healed by our loving hearts.


I've been on a journey for as long as I can remember. I've been trying to find my own unique way in this world as I seek answers for the questions that have remained throughout this time:

Who am I?

What is my purpose?

I discover a bit more about myself over time and then I realize that there are still so many pieces of the puzzle missing, pieces which have yet to fall into place. I've felt like a nomadic wanderer, lost along the trail of life. I am the lone journeyer, the lone seeker. I fool myself into believing that everyone else has discovered their path, yet I remain alone on my quest. On closer look, I realize that I am not alone.

We are all seekers. We are all hiking our own unique paths searching for the answers to life's great mysteries. So, please, while you are on your path and our paths momentarily cross, take a moment to wave and say hello. I will return the salutation and wish you a safe journey. We shall let our loving hearts heal the world and perhaps remember, every so often, to look within where our answers may already lie.

Hugs,

1 comment:

2ndheartmom said...

{Wave}...hello! :) I love the idea of knowingly greeting others, even those we don't "know" - because you are right. We are all seekers...