Thursday, April 21, 2011

On the Web and random rantings


~ I don't know how many of you watched Tom Shadyac on Oprah on Wednesday but I am completely enthusiastic about his upcoming documentary, I AM. He dares to ask, "What's wrong with our world and what can we do about it?" He explores how we are all connected and how our society has led us to want more, more, more...stuff. It follows his enlightening journey to also discover there is a lot right with the world. This is what he shared on Oprah:


What Tom discovered revolves around three key concepts that are explored in I Am:
1. It is scientifically proven that the entire human race is connected.
2. It is human nature to be cooperative rather than competitive.
3. If you don't do what your heart wants you to do and follow your passion, it will destroy you.

This is the part that really got me, "There's one fundamental law that all of nature obeys that mankind breaks every day. Now, this is a law that's evolved over billions of years, and the law is this: Nothing in nature takes more than it needs." He went on to say, "We have a term for something in the body when it takes more than its share, we call it cancer."

Wow! That is so very true! Tom went on to say how he no longer wants to be part of that cancer but part of the healing. What I didn't share is that Tom Shadyac is a Hollywood director (The Nutty Professor, Ace Ventura, Patch Adams) who gave it all up to be a part of the solution.

~ Michelle Ensminger shared a post on Wish Studio, I am a poem: and you are too. She shared a few journaling prompts to get the juices flowing. In case you missed it, I shared a dreams journal prompts handout with you recently that I'll repost here:



~ Andrea from Creative Dream Incubator shared a powerful message, Sometimes Dreams Die.

~ This post by Dirty Footprints Studio, Your Art Work Sucks is so true! Not everyone is going to like your work and that's okay.

Oh how this post resonated with me. There will always be people who don’t like my work. They may or may not say it directly to me. They may be snide, they may be malicious. I cannot change what another person likes or dislikes and I cannot change how they choose to share their dislike. But I can choose to continue to pursue my dreams and share my artwork in hopes to inspire at least one person out there to chase their dreams. There is an artist inside you waiting to play. She may paint, write, sing, or create poems. But she is an artist. Won’t you let her explore?

XOXO,


No comments: