Tuesday, November 22, 2011

AEDM - Day 22

Welcome to Day 22 of Art Every Day Month!
Day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10111213, 141516171819, 20, & 21.



Today's project is a sweet little chalkboard.

I purchased this Plaid wood frame from Hobby Lobby for $1.47.


I applied a couple coats of Glimmer Mist to the front, back, and edges of the frame and let it dry. I used cadillac pink and valencia.


Once dry I applied 2 coats of chalkboard paint to the center following the paint instructions. I used Craftsmart brand from Michaels which said to apply a coat in one direction, allow to dry for 1 hour, apply another coat in the opposite direction, and allow it to cure for 24 hours.

I used the same Glimmer Mist colors to spray a piece of scrap ribbon to use as the hanger and a few Flora Doodles flowers (from Hobby Lobby).

After the cure time I lightly rubbed a piece of chalk on the board, wiped off, and then it was ready to use. Pull the ribbon through the top holes and tie. Use some white glue to adhere the flowers on the board and hang.




5 comments:

Carolyn Dube said...

This would make a fabulous gift!!! How cute!!!

Kim Mailhot said...

very cute !!!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Adorable! Enjoyed seeing the process for creating the piece. (Found you through AEDM.)

Unknown said...

very nice! I wish there was a Hobby Lobby near me:)

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Hi Amanda!

Stopping by for the first time ~ adorable little message board. I have a few little granddaughters that would love to have one of these in their bedroom :)

Nice to meet you!
Kindly, Lorraine