Sunday, November 6, 2011

AEDM - Day 6

Welcome to Day 6 of Art Every Day Month!
Day 1, 234 & 5.



Today's project was to finally finish this door wreath that I just can't seem to get right. LOL. I started draft 1 a month ago (here) with coffee-dyed paper plate flowers based on a tutorial  from Blue Sky Confections. I didn't burn my edges like she did but I did age them with distress inks. I just wasn't feeling it. I went through a few more drafts until I came up with a more simplistic look that I like the most.



I wrapped the wreath in muslin, hot glued on the underside, and then added four cloth flowers. I had bought a few other items to possibly add - wood letters to spell out "Welcome", a mini chalkboard, sweet little birds from Hobby Lobby, and burlap to make a mini bunting, and while the add-on options are nice, I'm kinda loving it as is. I might add a letter "S" for my last name at the top but I think its sweet and simple and just what I want. 

Have a wonderful day!


6 comments:

Jennibellie said...

Very pretty, thanks for sharing, much love Jennibellie x

Tracy said...

Sometimes simple speaks the loudest! :)

Happy AEDM!

Serena Lewis said...

Lovely!

Joni Nickrent said...

How fun! Love the simple touch of blue!

Ginny said...

I love simple. Your wreath is lovely.

Tracey FK said...

These are really pretty and the wreath is special xx